It turns out that a seven-step approach works best for attracting new clients and keeping your existing ones, of course.
1. Know your business inside and out
Fully understanding your industry and having a firm knowledge of your product or service is important to be able to attract interested clients. The people who would be interested in your offerings can see how knowledgeable you are and will seek your assistance.
2. Focus on what you do best
When you set your preferences, put yourself in the customer’s shoes—ask what kinds of jobs you are the most qualified to do and only quote on jobs that fit within those service areas.
3. Make sure that your travel and location preferences make sense
These are really important for both you and the customer. If the customer is travelling to you, you should be close enough to make that trip worth their while.
If you’re coming to the customer, evaluate your travel costs against the job’s value so you can decide whether it’s a project worth quoting. And if you’re receiving too many requests for jobs that aren’t worth the transit cost, it might be time to adjust your preferences.
4. Opt-in for Email and Browser Notifications
These features are two of the easiest ways to engage with users and their quote requests.
- Instant delivery – The notifications are delivered in real time to your email address and browser.
- Increased Engagement – Push Notifications are delivered even when you are not on site. You can re-engage with the user on any browser or email provider.
5. Find your Quoting Mojo
Really successful Pros find a way to assess jobs of different sizes (and price points) in a way that makes sense for their business. Don’t be intimidated if this doesn’t happen right away —reaching the right balance of big and small jobs can take time.
6. Don’t stop adjusting your preferences
The more you use Cylex, the more you’ll learn about your ideal customer. As this understanding develops, keep going back to the drawing board to update your preferences based on those learnings.
7. Follow Up - Customer Reviews Matter
After your efforts to bring in business, always remember to close the loop. So many leads and great conversations are wasted because you forget to follow up. Doing this simple step is sure to get your client base to grow.
Experience the power of customer reviews.
- 73% of customers value the written review over the overall star rating (Fan and Fuel, 2016)
- 68% of consumers look for either information on the reviewer’s experience, or problems the reviewer experienced when reading reviews (Fan and Fuel, 2016)
Regardless of if you already utilize reviews, or you're just getting started with a review strategy, you want recent reviews. (And as many of them as possible!)
Why Cylex Quote Requests?
Because every day, we have several thousand potential clients who request a quote on Cylex in every kind of category and in your area.
At the moment this feature is available for the following countries:
United Kingdom - https://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/quoterequest/
Germany - https://web2.cylex.de/angebotsanfrage/
USA - https://www.cylex.us.com/quoterequest/